Tania Carreño-Mederos, Esq.
Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
Commercial Litigation; Securities Law; Corporate Financing; Mergers and Acquisitions and General Contract Disputes.
Tania Carreño-Mederos, Esq. is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil and County Court Mediator. She is also a seasoned attorney, with over 20 years of health law experience. Throughout her career, she has represented and advised health care providers, including state and national hospital systems, individual physicians, physician groups, professional medical associations, health care facilities and ancillary service providers in a wide range of health law matters, including health care business formation, licensing, governance, transactions, and operations; federal and state regulatory compliance; managed care contacting; Medicare and Medicaid coverage and reimbursement; risk management; disciplinary actions; fraud and abuse analyses; qui tam actions; patient rights and privacy concerns; advanced directives; emergency access; and others. She has experience in handling litigation, arbitrations, meditations, and administrative appeals involving, for example, contract disputes with managed care payors, health care personnel disciplinary actions, Medicare over payment determinations and terminations, personal injury, probate and guardianship issues, employment issues, foreclosures, breach of contract, and public procurement matters.
Available to conduct mediations in Spanish.
• Cornell Law School, Juris Doctor, 1993
• University of Miami, Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude 1989
• Certified as Circuit/Civil Mediator by the Florida Supreme Court
• Certified as County Mediator by Florida Supreme Court
• Admitted to the Florida Bar, 1993
• Admitted to the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1995
• Member of the Florida Bar Alternative Dispute Resolution and Health Care Law Sections
• Member of the American Bar Association (Health Law Section)
• Member and Alternative Dispute Resolver of the American Health Lawyers Association
• Member of the Cuban American Bar Association
• Member of the Dade County Bar Association
• “Top Lawyer” in Health Law, as published in the South Florida Legal Guide (2010, 2011, 2012, & 2013)
• “Top Mediator” as published in the South Florida Legal Guide (2013)
• “Top Up and Comer” in Health Law, as published in the South Florida Legal Guide (2008 and 2009)
• “Shining Star Award” as presented by the Miami Chapter of Florida Youth Shine
• “It’s No Ordinary Merger and Acquisition—Beware of Pitfalls in the Purchase of Health Care Entities,” Dade County Bar Association Bulletin, February 2012
• “Medical Tourism: Caveat Emptor,” South Florida Legal Guide 2008
• “The Globalization of Medicine: Weighing Cost Savings, Quality-Control Concerns,” Daily Business Review, July 2007